Have the guts?

posted under by lhnkhang
Some of my friends started their own business a long time ago, some have just started, some are thinking about it. Most of them invest in stock, which has recently become a fashionable activity in Vietnam. I was in Vietnam some months back and met my friends for 15 minutes or less. They were all talking about stock. Even in my family, my uncle says bravely that if he was jobless, he would invest in stock, although he has limited knowledge about it.

Personally I don't like stock. I feel that it (stock) reserves for some old aunties who have some money, don't know anything about stock market and buy stock blindly following advice of some bloody agencies. Amazingly they earn some money at first, and maybe still earn money later or not, I don't know. Once in SMA, some friends invested in stock, and I noticed they refreshed their computer screen once every 5 or 10 minutes, and I wondered why they needed to keep track of stock index regularly. I thought in the end of the day, the final index will say it all. They had enthusiasm in repeating the boring habit that later I understood when I involved in some other similar things (will tell when time comes)

Starting their own business is not a stylish trend. They made some big turns over in their lives. They quit their high-earning jobs for other dreams. If putting money aside, their dreams, as I interpret, are to contribute more to society as they don't have enough conditions and spaces in their current jobs to contribute. Their abilities are overwhelming. Only at their own business that they can do what they want.

They really need big guts to make big decisions in their lives. How many big decisions have I made so far? Maybe not many, or maybe I cannot see how big they were, or maybe other people can see. But I know one thing, I never dream of doing my own business. That's for sure.

1 comments

Make A Comment
top