New Year - A look back

posted under by lhnkhang
I did not come back home for holiday in the New Year of 2004 , but I did come back in 2005 and 2006. Reflections of previous New Year holidays at home always make me happy.

On the first day of the lunar year (Mùng Một), we always do a routine activity: In new year's eve, we go to my oldest aunt's house, then the aunt next door. In the morning, we gather at my grandfather's house, then to the pagoda, then the house of my grandmother's younger brother. We always start at about 8am, and we're always late about 15 mins. This activity looks bored, but I always like it, especially when I tell other people to gather for a group photo. It's like a tradition of my family, and we, the young generation, are supposed to do the same when our previous generation is getting older (than today).

The introduction is over, here comes the action: Activities in the first day of the year.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(2005)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(2006)
On new year's eve, we gathered at our grandfather's house first, and hurried to my oldest aunt's house because we were afraid she would go to sleep.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(2005)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(2006)
These photos were taken at her house. In 2006, she mentioned that I wore the same T-shirt from last year. I was still in doubt when hear that. But she was right. How great memory she has!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(2005)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(2006)
In front of my house.

I wonder how people prepare for the coming New Year in Vietnam. Maybe they repaint the house, open lots of kiosks, decorate the street... It must be the busiest time in year. Here, nothing changes except an annual big and noisy stall built up in front of Fairprice. I'm longing to return to Vietnam.

0 comments

Make A Comment
top