Xi'an - Day 3

posted under by lhnkhang

071019-Museum2
Shănxi History Museum

071019-BigGoose3

Square in the back of Big Wild Goose Pagoda

I drew a plan for me this day. As I had a map bought yesterday at the museum, I felt life easier, and it really was. Intending to visit 3 places in the morning, but finally I only had enough time to visit 2. I spent lots of time at the museum, and just have less than enough for the Pagoda near by. Both my batteries drained out and I couldn’t take a photo with Xuánzàng in front of the gate.

Walking to the Pagoda from the Museum took me 15 minutes, as on the way, I helped an old woman cross the street, and she also went to the pagoda. We didn't talk much (as we didn't understand each other's language), but I knew she was from Beijing, and was visiting Xi'an.

P1100780

The main tower

I really impressed by the pagoda. The Pagoda lies on a really big square. Entering the square from the back (of the pagoda), I saw many new shops, restaurants with an ancient construction. Walking along the pathway to the Main Gate, next to the Statue "Gongsun flying sword", I saw many old couples dancing happily following a soft, low and slow music coming from nowhere. Suddenly, I felt very happy, all my troubles seemed so far away (c.f. Yesterday).

071019-BigGoose6-1
People dancing, the Pagoda is on the left, behind the wall

P1100746
Gongsun Flying Sword

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

in front of one of these shops. what does it mean?
they should have placed a knife than a rope.
(tạm dịch: vào đây rồi chết nhé con - vì mắc quá)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

do you know what is it? it's a toilet! (really amazed, isn't it?)



(to be continued)

0 comments

Make A Comment
top