China Embassy break-down

posted under by lhnkhang
From Clementi MRT, it takes 25 minute bus (105, 106; 7 also can) and 10 minute walk (including 5 minute waiting at red light) to arrive at China Embassy.

Unfortunately, they were closed last week (yeah I arrived there last week), so obviously they had much more demand than ever the following week.

Arrived there at 9:20, the queue was longer than I expected. The pavement, normally empty, is an ideal queue.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fortunately, it didn't rain at that time, and unfortunately, sun shone, and I didn't bring my umbrella. In the middle of this testing phase, I saw an ambulance coming. It stopped in front of the gate, and some ppl from the car rushed into the office. After a while, a staff/security guy was carried out with an oxygen mask on his face. So it was not someone on the queue that was down, but someone from the inside, with conditioned air, no sun ray. Hard to understand.

After slowly marching over 100 steps in 40 minutes, I got to the other end of the queue, soaked with sweat. The queue seemed endless.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Avoid talking with staffs there, unless you can speak chinese.

When I got inside, there were two more queues. Be wise to choose the right queue, as one queue is for taking photos and photocopying, another is for taking another queue number.

After that, find a seat and relax. No wireless can be found here.

One hour later, I was called. Submitting the documents and saying something to the staff there took less than half a minute. I got out with a receipt in hand. It might be the easiest visa-application process ever!

The funny part was yet to come. When I got out, it starts to rain. I ran as fast as I could to the second bus stop, as there is no bus to Clementi at the first one.

As soon as I sat down, it rained heavily.


I'm the lonely man.

0 comments

Make A Comment
top